10 Things Missing from CybersecurityNov 01, 2022
1. Reframe cybersecurity’s endgame to partner and achieve business objectives (like any competition) - not just data, tech and compliance – frustrating business leaders
2. Sense of achieving personal and professional potential – not burnout, stress and hamster wheel
3. Critical Thinking to challenge internal methods that cause waste & burnout – not forcing frameworks
4. Systems Thinking to fix root causes of complexity and structural flaws that setup cyber pros to fail - not just hide symptoms for a while
5. Design Thinking for method innovation and authentic Zero Trust focused on the protect surface – not costly tools and controls, or losing sleep over threat reports
6. Empower ambitious, brilliant and committed cybersecurity professionals -- like other business functions (ops, R&D, sales, customer service, change mgmt) -- not just techies with certs
7. Methods that enable individuals and diverse, high-performing teams – not typical methods that exacerbate stress, burnout and setup cybersecurity pros to fail
8. Impactful, clear communication with business peers, senior management and board – not cyber gorp that leaves supporters scratching their heads
9. An environment where primarily introvert, techie cybersecurity leaders feel safe and can thrive – not boxing them in with “wrong tools for the job” that crush creativity
10. Cybersecurity leaders setup for praise and recognition from executives and board – not criticism for measures and methods disconnected from the business
This is what we do at Think.Design.Cyber - putting people in the center of cyber – not tech.
The easier path to creating a more rewarding career that moves forward -- not stuck on a hamster wheel – proven and practical for decades – is with #criticalthinking, #systemsthinking for cybersecurity and #designthinking for cybersecurity.
Think.Design.Cyber in partnership with the CyberTheory Institute think tank is here to help. Contact us to discuss how we can help you solve your most pressing problems.
Help us help others, please take our 3-question survey https://lnkd.in/erV7F62n
For more, please see here on LinkedIn, www.thinkdesigncyber.com and visit CyberEd.io to learn about the authentic #ZeroTrust and Design Thinking for Cybersecurity courses coming soon.
As always, to learn more about how act to implement through Outcomes Accelerator Workshops, reach out.